I’m hungry. Like, really hungry. I’ve been snacking all day, and I just want more. So far, I’ve eaten the following things:
- Breakfast: cereal with chia seeds and raisins (Yes, I drank all of the milk.)
- Snack #1: a clementine
- Snack #2: NY Everything Bagel Graze box
- Snack #3: a short bread cookie
- Lunch: 2 chicken wings, broccoli cheddar soup, and cucumbers
- Snack #4: 2 chocolate and peanut butter Girl Scout cookies
Now, I’m contemplating snack #5.
If she was here, my grandmother would yell at me and tell me that I’m going to get fat. My grandfather would make a joke about my hollow leg. The Dude would just ask what I wanted to eat next. (He gets me.)
I’m always thinking about food. Just ask The Dude: Whenever we start contemplating a vacation destination, I start thinking about (read: obsessing over) the food options. Sometimes, I plan vacation activities around restaurants I want to try or local delicacies that I don’t want to miss (mmm, Pork Highway…). I spend hours looking up restaurants and food spots, agonizing over which is the best option. Even after I’ve made a decision, I’m guaranteed to change my mind at least once. After that, I spend even more time looking over the menu, fantasizing about my perfect meal.
Food – cooking, eating, planning, sharing – just brings me so much joy.
I can’t help it: I live to eat.