This week, even shortened by a day (Monday was Memorial Day), felt so very long to me. I know it’s been an especially stressful week when, by Friday, I can’t successfully concentrate on anything for any length of time. Sometimes, to try (“Do or do not, there is no try.” See? Told you I can’t concentrate.) to rein my concentration back in, I make a list.
The list can be anything from groceries we need at home to supplies I need to buy for work to Disney restaurants I want to try (see an upcoming post!). I love making lists and though I never spend much time making them, the act of focusing on something very specific and non-taxing centers me enough to make it through the rest of the day.
Here’s a list of things that went through my head from about 3:00pm – 3:10pm today:
- I love listening to Disney music at work.
- Crap! Did I send that email to Tigger (not his real name)?
- Why won’t someone answer the phone?
- Crap, crap, crap!
- Aww, Mrs. Wood (6th grade English teacher) loved that word.
- Heh. So did Mrs. Finnegan (12th grade AP English teacher).
- Crap, the email. (I did send it.)
- Ugh. What is that noise?
- I wonder what we’re having for dinner tonight. The Dude is going to kill me if I ask again.
- Seriously, what *is* that noise?!
- Oh, tacos! Not the noise. Dinner tonight.
- Crap, I forgot to move those meetings.
- I hate wearing pantyhose.
- Did that student finish her training? Crap.
- It’s a stapler. (The noise, not dinner tonight.)
- I love tacos.
- And, avocado.
- Oh, good. She did finish her training.
- I wonder what I’m going to order for dinner tomorrow?
- Stupid pantyhose. I can’t wait to put sweatpants on.
Ah. Got that off my chest. Now, I can go back to my regularly scheduled tasks…