Hi there! I’m Katie and I’m a bit of a perfectionist. For example, I spent a couple of hours just looking at tips for writing this page. Then, I spent a couple more looking at example pages. Then, I pondered a bit. Then, I just thought, “Enough already! I’m just going to write it.” One of my personal goals is to stop overthinking everything (so far, it’s not really going so well) and to just… well, do it. So, I’m doing it. Here goes:
I currently live in the not-so-fancy part of the very fancy, historic Philadelphia Main Line with my partner, The Dude, and our hungry cat, Keke (often called Monster). We spend our time cooking, eating, and thinking about what to make for dinner.
Can you tell I love to eat?
I’m sure we do other things, too. Let me think… Oh, we also love travel! And, plan trips! And, make reservations for places to eat while we travel!
See, I told you I love to eat.
I also love all things Disney and all things Joss Whedon. If Disney decided to add a Sunnydale Park, my life would be complete.
I think books are magical things and you can never have too many or read too much. I don’t think you should ever be embarrassed about what you love to read.
So, what will you read about?
- Want some fun and tasty recipes? You got it!
- How about some restaurant reviews from the Main Line, Philadelphia, Disney, and some other random places? I’m here to help!
- Want to hear some random facts and reminiscences about Disney? I’ve totally got you covered!
- Love books, but don’t know what to read next? Maybe you’ll like one of the ones I’ve read!
- Want to learn a little more about a 5 foot tall, 30-something woman living outside of Philadelphia? Yup, you’ll get that, too.
Want to know 10 random facts about me? (Updated: 1/8/16)
- I’m a chronic rereader. My favorite things to reread? The Harry Potter series and The Enchanted Forest Chronicles.
- I suffer from outbreaks of hanger. You wouldn’t like me when I’m hangry.
- I drink insane amounts of tea (preferably black with milk).
- I still don’t drive. I’ll get there someday, but just… not yet.
- I’m almost always planning a Disney trip.
- Most people at work tell me I remind them of their grandmother. In general, I take this as a compliment.
- The six fictional characters I would invite to dinner are: Jessica Fletcher, Minerva McGonagall, Rupert Giles, Morwen, Arthur Bryant, and the Dowager Countess of Grantham.
- I firmly believe in the Oxford comma.
- I want to live in London someday.
- I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up.
Disclaimer: I can be very opinionated and very passionate, but I believe that everyone has a right to their own opinions and passions, so don’t be afraid to comment back or disagree with something I’ve said. I’d love to start a conversation! Unless you’re a complete jerk, we’ll probably get along.